Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Hi Superman!"

Yesterday I was walking past a school and all the kids were having recess at the outdoor basketball court. I happened to be wearing a blue shirt with the Superman logo on it, red shorts, and even Superman-colored sneakers. As I'm walking past, I hear someone yelling, "Hi Superman! Hi Superman! Hi Superman!" So I look and it's this tiny little kid pressed up against the fence, trying to get my attention. So I wave at him, and he immediately bolts in the other direction.

What I like about this is that I don't look at all like Superman, but whatever discrepancies there were in my costume and physical appearance were completely ignored by this kid, and, depending on how fanciful he was, it's possible that in his mind, on that day, he saw Superman in reality. Awesome.

No comments: