Thursday, March 29, 2007

My daughter is a nurse.

Today I saw a bumper sticker-- well, I don't know if it was a sticker. It was a shiny silver rear bumper with stencil black letters spelling out a message on one side of it. I don't know how those letters were on there, but it was somewhat like a bumper sticker. Anyway, it said, "My daughter is a nurse." Right. Okay. What is the point of this? Your daughter is a nurse. And? What? Is that-- are you proud or something? Is that like, "My son is an honor student?" Or is that meant to win the favor of the parking police, like one of those MD license plates? To me, it reads like, "I know someone who has this job." Like, why is that there? You can tell more about me by the dents and scratches on my car. They say, "I'm reckless and don't have a lot of spending money."

Cheers,
Diego

No comments: