Tuesday, October 9, 2007

News Bits: Nickelodeon, Jessica Biel Wonder Woman.

Got some little news bits here. I took note of them like a couple weeks ago, but I didn't get a chance to write about them, so they are now out of date. Just pretend it's a couple weeks ago.

From IMDb:

Nickelodeon to Go Dark Saturday

The kids' TV channel Nickelodeon is planning to intentionally go dark on Saturday at noon, with announcers telling their audience, "Go outside and play." The channel plans to remain dark for three hours, after which Nickelodeon says it will air Let's Play Go Healthy Challenge, produced in cooperation with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.


This might have been a good idea in the 50's when there were three channels. Today, even the dumb kids know they can easily put on one of the other 900 channels on TV, or watch a DVD, or play video games. You think losing Nickelodeon for three hours one day is gonna do anything? When I was a kid, I used to not get Nickelodeon past 8pm every night, because that channel would turn into A&E. You know what I would do? Watch other shit. Their heart's in the right place, but it's just a stupid idea.

And then, from ComingSoon.net:

Jessica Biel Passes on Justice League
Source: Lobo September 28, 2007

Entertainment Weekly has learned that Jessica Biel has decided to pass on playing Wonder Woman in Warner Bros.' live-action Justice League. The former "7th Heaven" star had been in early talks to play the Amazonian princess.

George Miller (Happy Feet) will direct the big screen adaptation. Kieran and Michele Mulroney wrote the script.


Thank fuck. I've always wanted to get a really good proper Wonder Woman. Someone like Jennifer Connelly (really my top choice). In fact, Joss Whedon was working on a Wonder Woman movie recently, and I'm sure it would've been a great movie debut for the character, but Warners pulled the plug on it, so now this Justice League Wonder Woman has to be extra good to make up for it. And the possibility of Jessica Biel playing her really annoyed me, because I kinda hate Jessica Biel. I've touched upon that previously in this blog. I don't have a good reason; I just dislike her. Could be her association with 7th Heaven (I hated everyone on that show). Maybe it's just her face. But she would have been pretty fucking far from my ideal Wonder Woman.

At this point, it's not even clear if this new Justice League movie is even going to be live action. Either way, Jessica passing is good news. Like the time I read that Josh Hartnett passed on the role of Superman (in the Superman movie that ended up not getting made). What if there was a movie where every horrifying casting rumor came true? Like Josh Hartnett Superman would date Jessica Biel Wonder Woman, and there's a love triangle with Colin Farrell Batman and they are joined by Jack Black Green Lantern. Cameo by Halle Berry Catwoman.

Cheers,
Diego

No comments: